Becoming a Gear Builder member of the OGB ($200 per year) will give you immediate access to these great benefits:
- Presence in collective press releases and media outreach.
- Your company link, logo and profile on outdoorgearbuilders.com.
- The right to use the OGB logo on your Web site, in publications and at your trade show booth (like Outdoor Retailer) – includes durable pre-printed sign and booth materials.
- An awesome network of fellow Gear Builders to think with, learn from, collaborate with, and even make products with – including OGB networking events in the off-season
- Membership on the OGB listserv, where members share and garner new ideas, answer product and materials sourcing questions, keep one another up to date, and even find new hires
- Ability to attend bi-monthly meetings of the OGB, including voting rights on the direction and future of the organization, and a company booth at the annual Get in Gear Fest held in mid-March around the first weekend of Spring
- Discounts at a growing list of businesses, like Sign-A-Rama and the Asheville Citizen Times.
What's a Gear Builder?
Gear Builders are businesses, headquartered in WNC, that manufacture outdoor recreational equipment, defined as "manufactured products which equip people to engage the outdoors in a respectful and nondestructive way."
Our Gear Builder members make a variety of products, ranging from kayaks, backpacks, shoes and socks to tents and camping chairs, and we're constantly amazed at the broad range of new gear coming in from our applicants and members.
When considering a prospective member's application, the number one question we ask is, "is it extraordinary?" Extraordinary Gear Made Here is our tagline, and we believe that our beloved Appalachian mountains inspire people to make elegant and inspired products that meet the highest quality standards. After all, most of our members are serious outdoor atheletes too, and we put one another's gear to the test, on trails, crags, roads and rivers, and at the fireside too.
Ready to Join?
CLICK HERE to fill out our application form, and our Director, Noah Wilson, will contact you shortly.
If you are not a gear manufacturer based here, but are a part of the region's outdoor industry in some other way, or provide services to it, we also have Partner and Sponsor-level memberships available; email Noah at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'd be happy to talk about how to get you involved.